Howii's Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hindsight is 20/20

I was recently directed to a well known article on Slashdot from Apple's Ipod launch:

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/10/23/1816257

----

Posted by CmdrTaco on Tue Oct 23, '01 02:20 PM
from the well-thats-not-very-exciting dept.

The BrownFury writes:
> "At an invitation only event Apple has released their new MP3 player called the
> iPod. iPod is the size of a deck of cards. 2.4" wide by 4" tall by .78" thick 6.5
> ounces. 5 GB HDD, 10 hr battery life, charged via FireWire. Works as a firewire
> drive as well. Works in conjunctions with iTunes 2. Here are Live updates".

No wireless. Less space than a nomad. Lame.

----

It's funny to look back and realize how much of a success the iPod has become because almost no one called it back then, and the few that did think it was the "next big thing" were dismissed as zealots.

Six years later, I finally have my first iPod (An iPod Shuffle).

I barely use it.

1 Comments:

  • Hmm. Cpu has an iPod, but I hate using it. Mostly because iTunes doesn't work like I expect it to.

    I'm not overly thrilled with mp3 players in general though. I guess being an early adopter of the Samsung Yepp has jaded me.

    It's nice that they don't skip like a cd walkman tho.

    By Blogger Epu, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home