Howii's Blog

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Baby is Here!

The blur to the left is my newborn son after his first sponge bath. My son (I'll call him A) was born on Wednesday, December 5th at 10:39 pm and weighed 6 lbs 5 oz.

Since then, everything has been a blur. This entire morning passed by in an instant: it has been a major accomplishment that J, I, and her mom have managed to take a shower, eat and and wash the baby. J's mother and my sister helped out with the baby for the first few days which was a major boon. I'm learning first hand that simple things like going to the bathroom and getting a cup of water are hard to do alone when you're watching a baby.

As far as the baby goes, A seems pretty well tempered so far. I haven't spent much time with newborns, but he doesn't seem too fussy. He gives plenty of signs things are wrong before he starts of cry, and sometime you can see the progression of frustration on his face. He puts his hand near his mouth (and sometimes sucks on it) when he wants to eat, and he'll do this for a few minutes without crying while I hold him and my wife gets ready. Two things that cause him to cry immediately are when he's cold, and when he's wet. For most other things, he'll start making funny faces which have been cute and funny.

Anyways, I'll use my remaining few moments to rest... but I felt like I should blog before the moment passed by.

1 Comments:

  • I hope you have gotten some more sleep since you wrote this blog!

    By Blogger Insomniac, at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home